Table of Contents
- What is Hotjar?
- Increases Your Website’s Loading Time
- Predictive Analytics
- Limited integrations
- #1: Bugpilot - Best Bug Reporting Tool For Saas
- #2: Smartlook: Best Product Analytics and Visual User Insights Tool
- #4: Lucky Orange: Best Conversion Rate Optimization Tool
- #5: Mouseflow: Best Behavior Analytics Tool
- #6: Crazyegg: Best Heat Map Web Analytics
- It’s Time To Try Out Hotjar Alternatives
Do not index
Do not index
Hotjar traces its historic beginning in 2014 as a self-funded SaaS company with a mission to help website owners understand user behavior. Seven years later, Hotjar joined forces with ContentSquare to improve its offering. Today, the software company is known worldwide in over 180 countries.
In recent years, several alternatives to Hotjar with great features, analytics, and capabilities have sprung up. In this ultimate guide, Bugpilot takes a deep dive into the top 6 Hotjar alternatives. Let's get started.
What is Hotjar?
Hotjar is software that provides behavior analytics and feedback data to help you grasp and resolve your customers’ pain points. It’s an all-in-one product analytics tool since it offers a range of vital metrics on one platform. You can use this rich data to enhance user experience.
- Integrations: Automate your workflows by connecting Hotjar with apps, like Zapier, Google Analytics, Slack, etc.
- Dashboard: Find in-depth insights into user behavior and fix issues before they get out of control.
- Highlights: Identify key insights, save and share them with stakeholders.
Hotjar has four pricing packages as shown below:
- Free plan and up to 35 daily sessions, Automatic data capture, and unlimited heatmaps.
- Plus ($39/month) and up to 100 daily sessions, filter and segment data, etc.
- Business ($99/month) plus up to 500 daily sessions, custom-built integrations, etc.
- Enterprise is available upon request.
Why Look for Alternatives?
While Hotjar is one of the best user behavior analytics platforms, it needs some improvements in the following areas:
Increases Your Website’s Loading Time
One of the problems with Hotjar is that it affects your website’s speed after you install the app. Several online reviews complain that the tool decreases the user’s website speed. This can affect you in the following ways:
- Traffic loss on a website
- Having a negative impact on SEO
- Creating a bad user experience
- Decreasing conversion rate
Below are some examples of users’ bad experiences with Hotjar.
Predictive analytics provides data to enable you to identify possible outcomes based on past statistics. But Hotjar cannot provide predictions based on current data so that you can understand your audience’s likely behavior.
Hotjar lets you connect with a few integrations, such as Optimizely, Omniconvert, and HubSpot. It creates a ton of problems for users since they have to jump between tools. On the other hand, Bugpilot allows you to integrate with the most popular platforms, including Zendesk, Trello, Slack, Jira, Intercom, and more.
6 Best Hotjar Alternatives
Choosing an ideal alternative to Hotjar may seem like a time-consuming task since there are so many choices available online. But worry no more. Here’s a quick overview of the 6 alternatives to Hotjar.
- Bugpilot: Best Bug Reporting Tool For Saas
- Smartlook: Best Product Analytics and Visual User Insights Tool
- FullStory: Best Digital Experience Intelligence (DXI) Platform
- Lucky Orange: Best Conversion Rate Optimization Tool
- Mouseflow: Best Heat Map Web Analytics
- Crazyegg: Best Heat Map Web Analytics
#1: Bugpilot - Best Bug Reporting Tool For Saas
Bugpilot is an error and performance monitoring SaaS platform that enables software developers and IT teams to detect and find hidden bugs through detailed bug reports and session recordings. The tool integrates with multiple applications, including Jira, Slack, Zendesk, Intercom, and Trello, to help you resolve issues at the speed of sound. As a result, Bugpilot is one of the ideal alternatives to Hotjar.
- Autopilot: It’s a powerful tool that automates the entire bug-tracking process, so you don’t have to manually hunt for bugs. Get in-depth bug reports to grasp the root cause of the issues and fix them faster to make your customers happy.
- Session Recording: Understand the whole process that led to crashes through crash recordings, so you don’t guess what you need to do to resolve issues.
- Integrations: Get instant feedback on issues through your favorite integrations, like Jira, Notion, Trello, and more.
Get started with Bugpilot's budget-friendly pricing packages as shown below:
- Small plan ($14/month/3 users) offers bug reporting widgets, Sentry and GitHub integration, 8+ help desk integrations, basic bug AI tools, etc.
- Team ($49/month/5 users) and priority support, 10+ AI checks, REST API, etc.
- Enterprise ($499/month/unlimited users) and includes end-to-end encryption, custom integrations, and more.
Not sure which plan to select? Invest into the Small plan to enjoy a 14-day free trial.
- Custom integrations
- Custom chat bots
- Bug reports
- Session recording
- Network activity and resources
- Relatively new platform
#2: Smartlook: Best Product Analytics and Visual User Insights Tool
Smartlook is a cloud-based quantitative analytics application for mobile apps. It empowers you to understand user behavior by providing valuable insights into the reasons users take specific actions as they interact with your app. It has features such as heat maps, funnels, visitor recordings, and event tracking.
- Visitor Journey Module: It makes app integrations and recordings segmentation a breeze with the correct filters.
- Automated Event Tracking: Understand how your visitors carry out specific tasks and get lead reports via conversion funnels.
Smartlook has the following three pricing packages:
- Free plan plus 3,000 monthly sessions, basic product analytics, historical data in heatmaps, etc.
- Pro plan ($55/month) and 5,000 monthly sessions, more advanced product analytics capabilities, daily anomaly reporting, exports to CSV, etc.
- Enterprise pricing is available upon request and the plan has more advanced features.
- Records visitor sessions
- Easy to understand user issues
- Easy to deploy
- Dashboard needs improvement
#3: FullStory: Best Digital Experience Intelligence (DXI) Platform
FullStory calls itself a "digital experience intelligence" (DXI) tool that allows you to grasp your user experience via session details, product analytics, and collaboration tools. With its data on user behavior, you can know what’s working and what’s not to improve web and mobile experiences.
- Session-Digital Analytics: Measure web traffic accurately and get detailed product analytics.
- Engagement: Monitor user engagement rates by tracking the amount of scrolling, page views per session, average session length, etc.
- Conversions: Measure conversions by monitoring users’ specific actions along the buyer journey.
You have three pricing options to choose from, and each plan is available upon request. You can select the business, advanced or enterprise plan.
- Easy to use and learn
- Provides in-depth product analytics
- Supports dashboards
- Conversion funnels need improvement
#4: Lucky Orange: Best Conversion Rate Optimization Tool
Lucky Orange is a conversion optimization application that lets you know why visitors aren’t converting through live chats, heatmaps, dashboards, polls, etc. It’s ideal for supervisors to monitor website visitors in real time and build conversion funnels. Managers can also use the tool to group visitors based on device behavior, browser, operating system, etc.
- Dynamic Heatmaps: View particular pages that lead to conversions.
- Live Chat: Engage with your customers as they interact with your website to improve user experience.
- Conversion Funnels: Track vital funnel metrics, like completion rate, largest drop-off, top day, and more.
Kick off your conversion optimization by selecting from the prices below:
- Free plan plus 500 pageviews/month, unlimited team members, etc.
- Build ($18/month) and 10,000 pageviews/month, unlimited team members, etc.
- Grow ($35/month) plus 40,000 pageviews/month, unlimited team members, 60-day storage for heatmaps and recordings, and more.
- Expand ($90/month) and 100,000 pageviews/month, etc.
- Scale ($128/month) plus 300,000 pageviews/month and more.
- Event tracking
- Simple surveys
- Great user interface
- Deletes old product analytics data
- No filter to segment recordings
#5: Mouseflow: Best Behavior Analytics Tool
Mouseflow is a web-based behavior analytics platform that lets you enhance website visitors’ experiences to double conversions. It offers detailed feedback on users via live website visitors’ sessions, conversion funnels, heatmaps, form analytics, and campaigns.
- Heatmaps: See movement, user geography, attention, scroll depth, and even watch and interact in real time.
- Custom Event tracking: Set custom metrics to keep an eye on user activity on your site.
- Return: Monitor customer return rates and other essential data.
Try out the application by choosing from the following prices:
- Free plan and 500 recordings per month, 1 website, 1 month of storage.
- Starter ($31/month) plus 5,000 recordings per month, 1 website, and 1 month of storage.
- Growth ($109/month) and 15,000 recordings per month, 3 websites, etc.
- Business ($219/month) plus 50,000 recordings per month, 5 websites, etc.
- Pro ($399/month) and 150,000 recordings per month, 10 websites, etc.
- Easy to understand reporting analytics
- Tracks clicks and mouse movements
- Heatmaps provide a complete user journey
- Live recordings need some polishing
- Quite complicated to use
#6: Crazyegg: Best Heat Map Web Analytics
Crazy Egg is a user-testing application that allows you to run A/B tests and marketing campaigns. It’s ideal for all business types and helps you understand your website visitors through scroll maps, heatmaps, and visual reports. The software has several features, such as data import and export, a centralized dashboard, marketing analytics, and more.
- Heatmaps: Use snapshots to view where users click and where they don’t.
- Recordings: Did deeper into user behavior by watching videos of visitors as they interact with your website.
- A/B Testing: Run split testing to learn what works and what doesn’t.
Get started with Crazy Egg by picking from the prices below:
- Basic ($29/month) and 30,000 tracked pageviews/month, 25 snapshots, 100, recordings/month
- Standard ($49/month) plus 75,000 tracked pageviews/month, 50 snapshots, 500, recordings/month, etc.
- Plus ($99/month) and 150,000 tracked pageviews/month, 75 snapshots, 1000, recordings/month, etc.
- Pro ($249/month) plus 500K tracked pageviews/month, 100 snapshots, 5000, recordings/month, etc.
- Easy to learn and use
- Improves user experience
- A/B testing
- Session recording needs improvement
- Limited integrations
It’s Time To Try Out Hotjar Alternatives
Several Hotjar alternatives are available on the SaaS market with powerful features, analytics, and capabilities. Some have a ton of integrations to enable you to connect with your favorite apps. Bugpilot falls into this group of SaaS platforms that help you monitor and fix bugs at rapid speed and improve the user experience.
It’s easy to get started with Bugpilot due to its flexible pricing and a 14-day free trial to try out the tool. Sign up for free today to harness the power of Bugpilot.
Related: Top 8 LogRocket Alternatives In 2023